Asbury United Methodist Church is seeking a Part-Time Connections Coordinator to join our team. The Connections Coordinator supports the mission and vision of Asbury United Methodist Church by connecting people to Christ through the ministries of Asbury UMC.
The Connections Coordinator shall:
1. Work with the pastor and church leaders to develop and maintain a ‘guest connection process’ that spans time from a guest’s initial visit to becoming fully connected in the life of the church.
2. Develop reporting tools to measure success in connecting guests per #1 above.
3. Report at each regularly scheduled church council meeting statistics on the connection process.
4. Work with ministry teams to ensure that ministry activities are capturing guest information to feed into the ‘guest connection process’.
5. Be familiar with the ministry needs of the church.
6. Develop and implement processes to match individual’s interests, skill, gifts, abilities and passions with appropriate and meaningful ministry opportunities.
7. Assist the pastor to recruit, train and motivate ministry leaders and individuals for service in ministry.
8. Develop and maintain a comprehensive ministry and servant database including descriptions of ministry areas and records of those serving.
9. Perform other duties as directed by the supervisor.
10. Attend meetings as directed by the supervisor.
11. Flexibility to work beyond traditional office hours and on weekends.
12. Maintain a record of hours worked.
13. Jointly with the supervisor, develop professional and ministry goals and review them regularly with the supervisor.
14. Participate in periodic performance reviews.
15. Approve all absences with the supervisor.
1. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
2. Strong organizational and planning skills.
3. Self motivated, goal oriented, outgoing, resourceful and having the ability to work with little direct supervision.
4. Good knowledge of self, including personal and spiritual gifts.
5. Good computer knowledge. Experience with or willingness to learn data bases or servant management software.
6. Leadership skills that embrace team-based ministry, strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
7. Work well with all types of people.
8. Have a long-term commitment and passion for service & ministries
9. Able to initiate and embrace change.
10. Able to develop and conduct training.
11. Commitment to the values, mission and vision of Asbury
12. Be supportive of the interests and activities of The United Methodist Church, The Book of Discipline, United Methodist Theology, and the decisions of the local church’s Church Council.
Be sure to attach/send your cover letter, resume and application form (application form below)
You can email your resume and application to email@example.com
You can mail your resume and application to us at:
1500 S Campbell Ave
Springfield, MO 65807